Bug report and improvement proposal of the search function in the query editor

From: "Artur Linhart - PostgresQL Comunication" <al(dot)postgresql(at)bcpraha(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bug report and improvement proposal of the search function in the query editor
Date: 2007-10-12 10:55:04
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

I have installed pgAdmin 1.6.3 on Windows XP and work with the
query (SQL) editor, where I found following issues:

1. The search function does not find occurences of the characters on very
long lines (for example by the line

(11629,1,10265,'Simon Karl','2007-09-25 13:37:24','2007-09-25
13:37:24',11616,11630,0,'Benennung von Templates','Bezueglich Benennung von
Templates und Strukturen - sind alle Templates aller Communities in jeder
Community sichtbar? Wenn ja muesste das bei der Benennung besonderen
Stellenwert haben damit von den einzelnen Communities schnell die eigenen
Templates gefunden werden koennen. Selbst wenn das nicht der Fall ist, waere
dennoch eine eigene Ordnerstruktur
(Templates>Firmenprofil>Team>ProfilMitarbeiter) wuenschenswert. Leider
scheint es nicht moeglich Templates in Ordner anzulegen?!',false,false);

It does not find the false,false); in the end.

2. The search function should remember the last searched words - this is the
obvious standards of almost all search functions I have ever seen and it is
very helpfull functionality

3. If entering the search dialogue, the "Find" button should have the
"default" flag, because then I only have to write the searched string and
press on Enter - this is much more faster and simple than take the mouse or
search the hotkey Alt-F

With best regards

Archie