Re: "LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock"

From: "Steve Wolfe" <steve(at)iboats(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: "LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock"
Date: 2000-03-01 16:34:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Grr....

Although I'm no longer getting lock releases on this table, a daily
vaccum analyze still shows:

NOTICE: Rel reef: Uninitialized page 492 - fixing
NOTICE: Rel reef: Uninitialized page 498 - fixing
NOTICE: Rel reef: Uninitialized page 499 - fixing

The database is a fledgling mail archive, when a message comes in, a
program parses the message for the relevant information, inserts it into
the table, and it's done. Since it's in very early development, there are
only very occasional queries on it. Here's the schema that I used to
create the table....

create sequence reef_sequence increment 2;

create table reef(
reef_index int4 default nextval('reef_sequence') primary
key,
subject varchar(256),
author varchar(256),
author_email varchar(256),
message text,
date date,
time time,
is_reply int
);

Now I know that there are problems with that, like "is_reply" should be a
bool, not an int. This is a very old project that I'm just starting up
again... go easy on me. : )

steve