Re: quota's ?

From: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: "Kris Van Hulle" <uxs(at)compulink(dot)gr>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: quota's ?
Date: 2001-04-06 15:03:15
Lists: pgsql-general

From: "Kris Van Hulle" <uxs(at)compulink(dot)gr>

> Hi...
>
> Is there a way to limit the amount of disk space a PostgreSQL
> server can use ? Or to limit this for a specific database on the
> server ? (or preferably both ?) (apart from limiting this in an external
> way, like the quota's on the linux file system or something like that)
> Also, is it possible to limit other things like cpu usage or memory
> usage ?

AFAIK you can only do this at the OS level. Certainly cpu/memory usage can
be restricted on pretty much all unix-like systems - you'll need to see the
documentation for your specific platform to find how.

Limiting disk usage, you *should* be able to change the group of the various
database files and limit group file usage. I can't say I've tested this
though.

HTH

- Richard Huxton