Bug #641: LIBPQ Linking with the static library on the WIN32 platform fails connections with "unknown host name".

From: "Johan Duflost" <jduflost(at)ben(dot)vub(dot)ac(dot)be>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <jerickso(at)indian(dot)com>
Subject: Bug #641: LIBPQ Linking with the static library on the WIN32 platform fails connections with "unknown host name".
Date: 2004-04-05 10:08:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dear sir,

I installed mapserver a cgi using libpq client library under win2K within tomcat. I tried to display postgis layers stored on another host but I got the error message "unknown host name". I don't have any skill in C programming. Could you tell me how I have to patch fe-connect.c file ? I really need help. Thank you in advance,

Johan Duflost

Johan Duflost
Analyst Programmer
Belgian Biodiversity Information Facility (BeBIF)
Universite Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
Boulevard du Triomphe - campus de la plaine
B-1050 Bruxelles
http://gis.bebif.be