Re: numeric data type

From: "Phillip Smith" <phillips(at)weatherbeeta(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "'Corey'" <corey(at)bitworthy(dot)net>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: numeric data type
Date: 2006-11-16 20:37:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

Numeric and Integer type are exactly that - numbers.

If you want to _store_ it in the data with the leading 0, then you need to
change the type to a varchar, then put a check constraint on the field to
ensure that each of the 2 characters are numeric.

Alternatively, you can leave it as a numeric / integer and add the leading 0
as part of the queries that access it. Let me know if you want an example
how to do it.

Cheers,
-p