mixed case database name

From: "Matt Doggett" <mdoggett(at)coas(dot)oregonstate(dot)edu>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: mixed case database name
Date: 2004-03-05 16:59:41
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi-

I have a database with a mixed upper/lower case name (eg. "testA").
When I try to create a new database using this database as a template,
pgAdmin responds with "ERROR! Template database testa does not exist."
I can create a new database using the command line :> createdb -T
"testA" newdb. So it seems to me a very simple fix to throw quotes
around the template database name when pgAdmin executes the command.
As far as I can tell, pgAdmin has no other problems with mixed-case
database names.

Matt