implementation of SET LOCK MODE TO [WAIT [seconds] | NOT WAIT] for ecpq

From: "Nicolas Bazin" <nbazin(at)ingenico(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Michael Meskes" <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: implementation of SET LOCK MODE TO [WAIT [seconds] | NOT WAIT] for ecpq
Date: 2002-04-22 02:16:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I need to avoid my process to wait for too long. This syntax is not supported by the BE so I thought I would modify ECPGexecute to use asynchronous functions instead of PQexec. The problem is the NOT WAIT mode which needs some sort of info from the BE to know whether the statement has immediatly started to be executed or is in a queue waiting for its turn.
Any idea or comment on this feature?