postgres problem

From: "Phillip B Childs" <IT(at)marisusa(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres problem
Date: 2011-02-09 21:02:57
Lists: pgsql-novice

We are using Postgres as the back end for our Java database program and when
we reinstalled it, it created the database with an unknown user and no other
users. the previous install it created the windows user postgres and
everything and even set the permissions right on all the files. this time is
has not. I am having to go manually and change the permissions and add
postgres as a user on the files. what happened and how can we prevent this
from happening again?

Phillip Childs

IT Generalist

Maris Lighting