Newbie, static and dynamic library (C library - libpq)

From: "Ahmad Munif" <munif(at)hotpop(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Newbie, static and dynamic library (C library - libpq)
Date: 2002-07-23 01:31:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

i'm newbie in c/c++ language. i'm going to build c/c++ GUI application
on Windows and using C api (libpq) to connect my application to database.

i'm still confused regarding static and dynamic library,
i don't know how to include it to my source and how to compile
my source using static and dynamic library.

after compiled libpq on my windows i had static and dynamic library
(libpq.dll, libpqdll.lib, libpq.lib)
then, i don't know how to include and compile my source if i use
static and dynamic library.

help me please, how to use it if i use static library, and if i use dynamic
library ?

thanks