Re: Compilation problems

From: "Diego" <diegoman(at)usuarios(dot)retecal(dot)es>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compilation problems
Date: 2004-03-20 21:02:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: "Diego" <diegoman(at)usuarios(dot)retecal(dot)es>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Compilation problems
[...]

> >It looks like linking problems with wxWindows libraries.
> >

> Try configure's --with-wx=/usr/local/wx2.5 or wherever your wx.
> installation went.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

Hi Andreas, thanks a lot for your answer. I've tried that with no luck. I've
also compiled wxWindows in shared libraries (--enable-shared option in
configure script) but I get the same error when I try to compile pgadmin.

I've taken a look at the (big) line which generates the "undefined
reference" errors:

g++ -DDATA_DIR=\"/usr/local/pgadmin3/share/pgadmin3/\" -Wall -g -I../src/inc
lude -I -Wall -g -O0 -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -L/usr/local/lib -o pgadmin3
pgAdmin3.o pgConn.o pgSet.o keywords.o pgAggregate.o pgCast.o pgCheck.o
pgCollection.o pgColumn.o pgConstraints.o pgConversion.o pgDatabase.o
pgDomain.o pgForeignKey.o pgFunction.o pgGroup.o pgIndex.o
pgIndexConstraint.o pgLanguage.o pgObject.o pgOperator.o pgOperatorClass.o
pgRule.o pgSchema.o pgSequence.o pgServer.o pgTable.o pgTrigger.o pgType.o
pgUser.o pgView.o pgDatatype.o ctlSQLBox.o ctlSQLResult.o frmExport.o
dlgAddTableView.o events.o frmAbout.o frmChildTableViewFrame.o frmConnect.o
frmMain.o frmOptions.o frmPassword.o frmQuery.o frmQueryBuilder.o frmHelp.o
frmQBJoin.o frmSplash.o frmMaintenance.o frmEditGrid.o dlgProperty.o
dlgUser.o dlgGroup.o dlgDatabase.o dlgLanguage.o dlgSchema.o dlgDomain.o
dlgTable.o dlgColumn.o dlgIndex.o dlgFunction.o dlgView.o dlgRule.o
dlgOperator.o dlgAggregate.o dlgCast.o dlgConversion.o dlgIndexConstraint.o
dlgForeignKey.o dlgSequence.o dlgTrigger.o dlgType.o dlgCheck.o frmStatus.o
misc.o sysLogger.o sysSettings.o xrcDialogs.o
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.a -lcrypt -lssl -lcrypto

As you can see, no wxWindows libraries are invoked. I'm not a gcc expert,
but I think there should be something like this on the line above:
"/usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk2ud_core-2.5.a" or "-llibwx_gtk2ud_core-2.5". The
static wxWindows libraries are stored in /usr/local/lib, which is included
above, (-L/usr/local/lib), but the libraries have to be invoked explicitly,
don't they? The wxWindows libraries currently present in my /usr/local/lib
dir are:

libwxexpatd.a
libwx_baseud-2.5.a
libwx_baseud_net-2.5.a
libwx_baseud_xml-2.5.a
libwx_gtk2ud_adv-2.5.a
libwx_gtk2ud_core-2.5.a
libwx_gtk2ud_html-2.5.a
libwx_gtk2ud_stc-2.5.a
libwx_gtk2ud_xrc-2.5.a

Any idea of what can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks again.