Smb to get involved

From: "Pavlo Baron" <pb(at)pbit(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Smb to get involved
Date: 2001-12-24 16:26:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hello pgsql-hackers,

I'm very very very... new here, but...
Well, I see you're all stressed by the new release comming up soon, but may
be one of you guys has got an ear and a couple of words for a smb who really
wants to get involved.

me: I think, I've got enough programming experience to get involved, if smb.
really want's to take a look at what I can, please go to
http://www.pbit.org/me_e.html
I used to work with SQL databases in many projects, and PostgreSQL was the
better one :-)

why I'm here: well, I don't think, that I really can become an
internals-guru after I read some of your messages here - it would take a
long time - and I think, you guys don't need anyone new in the
internals-kitchen. But I checked out your TODOs and I found an exotic issue,
which sound interesting to me: to make a PostgreSQL database to work like an
Oracle database to clients - it's not small and is not a bugfix, so I don't
have to know about the deepest internals of PostgreSQL to implement it.

my questions: is there smb. already working on it? Is it smth. this database
realy needs? Did you guys worked out any usable docs about what's the
ultimate way to implement such a feature (I just see a listener-idea in the
list)? Or is it the right time to discuss smth. like that?
Or is there an other "major" feature waiting for it's implementation and
being more urgent?

rgds
Pavlo