Re: pls help me(How to start Postgres)

From: "sandhya" <sandhyar(at)amiindia(dot)co(dot)in>
To: "Mohamed Fazil" <mohdfazil_p_a(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "Postgres" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pls help me(How to start Postgres)
Date: 2006-04-13 07:56:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

The following is the Problem i am facing pls help me....

How can i start my Postgresql with out any loss of data?
E:\PostgreSql\bin>pg_ctl start -D E:\PostgreSql\data
postmaster starting

E:\PostgreSql\bin>Execution of PostgreSQL by a user with administrative permissi
ons is not permitted.
The server must be started under an unprivileged user ID to preventpossible system security compromises. See the documentation for more information on how to properly start the server.

Thank you,
Sandhya