backup/maintenance scripts?

From: "Bruce Bantos" <anon(at)mgfairfax(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: backup/maintenance scripts?
Date: 2000-01-27 16:35:02
Lists: pgsql-general

I asked a similar question yesterday about scheduling backups and vacuum,
but I thought I would make a more direct request:

Does anyone have an example of a postgreSQL scheduled maintenance script
(cron job, other) that they would care to share with the list? An example of
a script that performs vacuums, creates backups, etc would be great. Perhaps
we could add a section on routine maintenance in the docs and include a good
script example.

Thanks,

Bruce