Re: Index Performance Help

From: "Damien Dougan" <damien(dot)dougan(at)mobilecohesion(dot)com>
To: "'Richard Huxton'" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Index Performance Help
Date: 2004-02-05 16:40:10
Lists: pgsql-performance

Thanks Richard.

It certainly does appear to be memory related (on a smaller data set of
250K subscribers, all accesses are < 1ms).

We're going to play with increasing RAM on the machine, and applying the
optimisation levels on the page you recommended.

(We're also running on a hardware RAID controlled SCSI set - mirrored
disks so reading should be very fast).

Cheers,

Damien