Re: 7.5 change documentation

From: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "'Neil Conway'" <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: "'Jan Wieck'" <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, "'Postgresql Hackers'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.5 change documentation
Date: 2004-01-26 12:55:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

OK, I will attempt to draw together this information as currently
stands. If this makes any sense, we can discuss what the
requirement/process is for regular maintenance (daily/weekly/monthly
etc).

Understood to mean "changes in next release (current progress)" - items
that have been completed/committed since last release, for the purpose
of informing developers/testers what's new PRIOR to full release.

Leaving unobstructed the functions of
- TODO list - a combined list of desired work items (Bruce)
- Release Notes - final list of features of a release (Bruce)

This should help alpha testing, which should allow more control of what
actually does get released (and therefore what the contents of Release
Notes should be)

Best Regards, Simon