Without schemas

From: Félix Sánchez Rodríguez <fesanch(at)ciego(dot)cult(dot)cu>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Without schemas
Date: 2009-04-01 13:19:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Greetings:

I'm a PHP programmer and I've had some troubles on using PostgreSQL as Database Manager. The point is that I want to know if there is anyway one can create a table without inserting inside the "public" schema. What would be desirable is that my tables could be outside any schema. Perhaps this question is almost stupid because it shows a complete lack of knowledge about PostgreSQL, but I'm really new to it. I'm using Navicat for PostgreSQL and pgAdminIII with PostgreSQL 8.1

Thanks in advance.