Help

From: "Kamalraj Singh Madhan" <kamalr(at)networkprograms(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help
Date: 2003-08-13 05:21:48
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,
I'am using PostGre SQL along with JBOSS and Tomcat for our application. After quite some time of the usage of the application i start getting these messages in my database console (Cygwin) :

DEBUG: geqo_main: using edge recombination crossover [ERX]
CheckPoint Data Base: fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
/usr/bin/postmaster: BackendStartup: fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable - Backend startup failed
DEBUG: geqo_main: using edge recombination crossover [ERX]
CheckPoint Data Base: fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
CheckPoint Data Base: fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
DEBUG: geqo_main: using edge recombination crossover [ERX]

After this the performance of the system worsens and in the end we have to restart either of the 2 application servers Tomcat or JBOSS. This makes everything work alright again till the time i again start getting these messages again.

Kindly advice on this issue, it's urgent.

regards
Kamalraj Singh

  • Re: Help at 2003-08-13 16:40:59 from Andreas Pflug