Problems with Access and floatingpoint values

From: DI Hasenöhrl <i(dot)hasenoehrl(at)aon(dot)at>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <boopet(at)web(dot)de>
Subject: Problems with Access and floatingpoint values
Date: 2001-03-17 14:29:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc

hello all,

I use postgresql 7.0.2 via ODBC 6.5 as backend and MsAccess 97 as frontend.
My problem is, that I can't insert floatingpoint values.
I tried to solve this problem with float4 and numeric(6,2), but I get the following errors:
a.. create table test_numeric(
nr serial primary key,
price numeric(6,2),
name varchar(30),
t_updte timestamp default current_timestamp);

by inserting a new value as price, the new entry is shown as deleted in my msaccess form

b.. create table test_float(
nr serial primary key,
price float4,
name varchar(30),
t_updte timestamp default current_timestamp);

for inserts I use MsAccess forms and I get different problems:
by inserting an integer f.e. 1 to field price, I can see and update the new entry
by updating 1 to 1,2 then I can't update field name. Error: another user has changed my entry in the meantime
by inserting 1,2 to price, the new entry is shown as deleted

Please, can anyone help me to solve my problem
please contact me at i(dot)hasenoehrl(at)aon(dot)at if you can help me!

Many thanks in advance

Irina Hasenöhrl
i(dot)hasenoehrl(at)aon(dot)at