pg_restore problems?

From: "David Wall" <d(dot)wall(at)computer(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_restore problems?
Date: 2001-04-29 22:24:39
Lists: pgsql-general

In testing db recovery, I backed up a database using the command:

pg_dump -b -Fc tssd_2000 > tssd_2000.dump

I then dropped the tssd_2000 database.

When trying to restore the database, the -v option seems to show all of the
schema creates and loads, but at the end, the database does not exist. I'm
using the command:

pg_restore -v --clean --create tssd_2000.dump

But nothing was there. I tried to just do a CREATE DATABASE tssd_2000
first, but then I get an error about the database being there already. So I
dropped it again, and tried to just restore the schema with:

pg_restore -v -s tssd_2000.dump

Again, it looks like everything is going okay, but when it's done, there's
no database to be found.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
David