Problem with using domains

From: "Martin Susil" <spam(at)susil(dot)net>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with using domains
Date: 2004-11-17 21:28:36
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

It seems I found a small bug:

I use domains as data type aliases in my db:

CREATE DOMAIN my_schema.t_varchar AS varchar;

Now lets say I want to edit (or insert) some values in my_schema.my_table so
I run pgAdmin and 'right-click & View Data' the table.
Domains under names of the columns are displayed correctly (without schema
prefix though) but when I try to insert data into a new row I get the
following error:

ERROR: type t_varchar does not exist

I m using pgAdmin III 1.2.0 RC2 (Windows XP) with PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 2
(also on WinXP)

Regards
Martin Susil