Nextval & Currval

From: "Shavonne Marietta Wijesinghe" <shavonne(dot)marietta(at)studioform(dot)it>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Nextval & Currval
Date: 2008-06-10 09:56:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello

I'm using Nextval and Currval in my ASP programme. But everytime i run the code only the nextval record is inserted and the currval record is lost. I wrote the INSERT INTO in the log and when i tried it via pgadmin both the records were inserted correctly, so there is no syntax error.
I thought the problem would be the connection to the DB. I connect to the DB in the same ASP page where I do the INSERT INTO.

What am i doing wrong?? Any ideas anyone??

Thank you.

Shavonne Wijesinghe