Re: PostgreSQL and C#

From: "Daniel Morgan" <danmorg(at)sc(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: "'Medi Montaseri'" <medi(at)cybershell(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and C#
Date: 2002-04-11 05:05:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-general

Yes, there are three alternatives to Microsoft .NET Framework:

Mono C# and CLR which works on Windows and Linux at:
http://www.go-mono.com/

Portable.NET which works on Linux at
http://www.southern-storm.com.au/portable_net.html

Rotor which is Microsoft's shared source C# and CLR available for
Windows and FreeBSD:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/Dndotnet/html/mssharsourcecli.as
p?frame=true

I'm currently working on Mono right now. Those guys are moving pretty
fast - they already have a C# compiler that can compile itself on its
own CLR under Linux and Windows. There are people working on the C#
bindings to gtk/gnome and qt/kde. Rodrigo Moya is working on the
database access (System.Data etc) in Mono C#. The first provider we are
working on is the PostgreSQL provider. After that is working, we will
create other providers.

Want to help?