Re: Re: SELECT (sometimes) returning Zero Rows? Fixed, sort of...

From: "Dan Wilson" <phpPgAdmin(at)acucore(dot)com>
To: "PgSql General List" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: SELECT (sometimes) returning Zero Rows? Fixed, sort of...
Date: 2001-02-18 00:55:04
Lists: pgsql-general

> I have found that switching to pg_connect from pg_pconnect has caused the
> problem to go away. I have been unable to reproduce the problem using
> pr_connect. And switching back to pg_pconnect, I find the problem starts
> again.

This is a known problem with the persistent connections through PHP. IIRC,
we have someone working on this directly in PHP. Correct me if I'm wrong.

> I find this odd, but I am hoping the knowledge of the folks on this list
> might be able to enlighten me as to why this could be. Are there major
> disadvantages to using connect instead of persistent connect?

Because of the above mentioned problems, I have never used persisten
connections, and I don't see much of a lag. I suppose it all depends on
your resources.

-Dan