Re: invalid multibyte character for locale

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "'Bjoern Metzdorf'" <bm(at)turtle-entertainment(dot)de>
Cc: "'Pgsql-Admin (E-mail)'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: invalid multibyte character for locale
Date: 2005-02-24 16:10:41
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

I ended up using SQL_ASCHII and could see lower works fine but on extended
chars it does nothing.
SO if that's what your shooting for it worked ok for me.
I would have preferred to have my encoding Unicode , but don't want to
figure out why the odbc driver was not able to insert extended chars.

I could insert the extended chars fine in pgadmin and also with .net driver
with a encoding = Unicode, but we have lots of asp that will use the odbc
driver so I had to go with SQL_ASCHII to avoid getting errors.

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel. 941-753-7111 ext 305

jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
C 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, Inc
This email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.