PostgreSQL Jdbc installation problems

From: "Ing(dot) Francesco Russo - NoCable S(dot)p(dot)A(dot)" <frusso(at)nocable(dot)it>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Jdbc installation problems
Date: 2004-08-05 15:04:47
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi all,
i have some problems with PostgreSQL jdbc drivers. I have a PostgreSQL 7.3 on a server and i want to connect to it from another server that has Tomcat 5 with JDK 1.4.2

I have downloaded the jar file from jdbc.postgresql.org corresponding to my system features and i have copied it into a directory on my development machine (on this pc i use StrutsStudio to develop my web application). In StrutsStudio i have included in classpath this directory, but when i execute Class.Name("org.postgresql.Driver"), i got the exception "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver".

Can someone of you help me to understand if i miss some steps?
Thank you

Francesco Russo