RE: BUG #16920: Can't compile PostGIS with MingW64 against PostgreSQL 14 head

From: "Regina Obe" <lr(at)pcorp(dot)us>
To: 'Juan José Santamaría Flecha' <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>, "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: RE: BUG #16920: Can't compile PostGIS with MingW64 against PostgreSQL 14 head
Date: 2021-03-12 19:07:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 7:03 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> walleye's owners have so far failed to extract any useful data about why
> it's been crashing. If you could provide stack traces from some of those
> crashes, it'd be much appreciated.

> +1. I cannot reproduce the error with a setup similar to Walleye (Windows 10 MinGW64 8.1.0 x86_64).

> Regards,

> Juan José Santamaría Flecha

I posted in separate note a bug trace I did get with PostGIS.
Did you build PostgreSQL with --enable-cassert?
I repulled PostgreSQL latest and recompiled -- not with --enable-cassert.

All the PostgreSQL tests pass without the --enable-cassert and my PostGIS topology crash goes away too.

There also seems to have been changes in code base since last I compiled that seemed to have helped a bit. Recompiling again with cassert - I get 1 fewer failure. I didn't check to see which test started passing.

Was 91 of 204 tests failing before - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/000401d716a0%241ed0fc70%245c72f550%24%40pcorp.us

Now down to

89 of 204 tests failed, 1 of these failures ignored.

============== running regression test queries ==============
test tablespace ... ok 556 ms
parallel group (20 tests): boolean char name varchar text int2 uuid txid int4 bit float8 float4 oid int8 money enum pg_lsn regproc numeric rangetypes
boolean ... ok 395 ms
char ... ok 382 ms
name ... ok 367 ms
varchar ... ok 351 ms
text ... ok 328 ms
int2 ... ok 308 ms
int4 ... ok 291 ms
int8 ... ok 272 ms
oid ... ok 254 ms
float4 ... ok 235 ms
float8 ... ok 215 ms
bit ... ok 198 ms
numeric ... ok 366 ms
txid ... ok 157 ms
uuid ... ok 139 ms
enum ... ok 156 ms
money ... ok 100 ms
rangetypes ... ok 359 ms
pg_lsn ... ok 88 ms
regproc ... ok 81 ms
parallel group (20 tests): strings numerology point lseg macaddr line interval box path timetz time date circle polygon inet macaddr8 tstypes multirangetypes timestamp timestamptz
strings ... ok 444 ms
numerology ... ok 431 ms
point ... ok 417 ms
lseg ... ok 402 ms
line ... ok 377 ms
box ... ok 359 ms
path ... ok 342 ms
polygon ... ok 321 ms
circle ... ok 295 ms
date ... ok 272 ms
time ... ok 252 ms
timetz ... ok 232 ms
timestamp ... ok 428 ms
timestamptz ... ok 464 ms
interval ... ok 128 ms
inet ... ok 111 ms
macaddr ... ok 82 ms
macaddr8 ... ok 82 ms
tstypes ... ok 97 ms
multirangetypes ... ok 224 ms
parallel group (10 tests): geometry horology comments expressions type_sanity unicode misc_sanity xid regex opr_sanity
geometry ... ok 217 ms
horology ... ok 201 ms
regex ... ok 321 ms
type_sanity ... ok 156 ms
opr_sanity ... ok 378 ms
misc_sanity ... ok 136 ms
comments ... ok 70 ms
expressions ... ok 72 ms
unicode ... ok 65 ms
xid ... ok 88 ms
test create_function_1 ... ok 61 ms
test create_type ... ok 82 ms
test create_table ... ok 518 ms
test create_function_2 ... ok 52 ms
parallel group (5 tests): copydml insert insert_conflict copyselect copy
copy ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 222 ms
copyselect ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 202 ms
copydml ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 158 ms
insert ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 139 ms
insert_conflict ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 107 ms
parallel group (3 tests): create_misc create_operator create_procedure
create_misc ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 45 ms
create_operator ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 40 ms
create_procedure ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 39 ms
parallel group (5 tests): index_including index_including_gist create_view create_index_spgist create_index
create_index ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 574 ms
create_index_spgist ... ok 445 ms
create_view ... FAILED 358 ms
index_including ... ok 311 ms
index_including_gist ... ok 317 ms
parallel group (16 tests): create_aggregate create_function_3 create_cast constraints triggers roleattributes updatable_views drop_if_exists vacuum typed_table inherit select errors hash_func create_am infinite_recurse
create_aggregate ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 336 ms
create_function_3 ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 316 ms
create_cast ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 299 ms
constraints ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 298 ms
triggers ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 241 ms
select ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 221 ms
inherit ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 207 ms
typed_table ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 195 ms
vacuum ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 140 ms
drop_if_exists ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 107 ms
updatable_views ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 89 ms
roleattributes ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 75 ms
create_am ... FAILED 159 ms
hash_func ... ok 103 ms
errors ... ok 76 ms
infinite_recurse ... ok 213 ms
test sanity_check ... FAILED 472 ms
parallel group (20 tests): select_into select_distinct select_distinct_on delete update hash_index btree_index arrays portals random transactions aggregates join case union subselect select_having select_implicit namespace prepared_xacts
select_into ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 464 ms
select_distinct ... FAILED 450 ms
select_distinct_on ... FAILED 435 ms
select_implicit ... ok 419 ms
select_having ... ok 399 ms
subselect ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 377 ms
union ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 356 ms
case ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 308 ms
join ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 284 ms
aggregates ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 254 ms
transactions ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 224 ms
random ... failed (ignored) (test process exited with exit code 2) 210 ms
portals ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 184 ms
arrays ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 153 ms
btree_index ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 132 ms
hash_index ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 93 ms
update ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 62 ms
delete ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 46 ms
namespace ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 41 ms
prepared_xacts ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 37 ms
parallel group (20 tests): init_privs security_label lock collate spgist replica_identity tablesample password drop_operator object_address identity matview rowsecurity generated gist privileges join_hash groupingsets brin gin
brin ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 858 ms
gin ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 851 ms
gist ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 817 ms
spgist ... ok 681 ms
privileges ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 764 ms
init_privs ... ok 378 ms
security_label ... ok 358 ms
collate ... ok 532 ms
matview ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 671 ms
lock ... ok 372 ms
replica_identity ... ok 527 ms
rowsecurity ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 597 ms
object_address ... ok 553 ms
tablesample ... ok 458 ms
groupingsets ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 520 ms
drop_operator ... ok 467 ms
password ... ok 388 ms
identity ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 434 ms
generated ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 408 ms
join_hash ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 369 ms
parallel group (14 tests): alter_generic alter_operator misc async dbsize tsrf tid tidscan collate.icu.utf8 tidrangescan incremental_sort misc_functions create_table_like sysviews
create_table_like ... ok 504 ms
alter_generic ... FAILED 265 ms
alter_operator ... ok 249 ms
misc ... FAILED 247 ms
async ... ok 231 ms
dbsize ... ok 212 ms
misc_functions ... FAILED 415 ms
sysviews ... ok 397 ms
tsrf ... ok 145 ms
tid ... ok 133 ms
tidscan ... ok 138 ms
tidrangescan ... ok 126 ms
collate.icu.utf8 ... ok 86 ms
incremental_sort ... FAILED 194 ms
parallel group (6 tests): psql_crosstab amutils collate.linux.utf8 psql rules stats_ext
rules ... FAILED 595 ms
psql ... ok 353 ms
psql_crosstab ... ok 92 ms
amutils ... ok 84 ms
stats_ext ... FAILED 1104 ms
collate.linux.utf8 ... ok 61 ms
test select_parallel ... FAILED 1765 ms
test write_parallel ... ok 200 ms
test insert_parallel ... ok 1058 ms
parallel group (2 tests): subscription publication
publication ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 142 ms
subscription ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 121 ms
parallel group (17 tests): select_views portals_p2 foreign_key cluster functional_deps xmlmap window foreign_data tsdicts tsearch combocid bitmapops guc dependency advisory_lock indirect_toast equivclass
select_views ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 311 ms
portals_p2 ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 290 ms
foreign_key ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 275 ms
cluster ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 259 ms
dependency ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 241 ms
guc ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 215 ms
bitmapops ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 202 ms
combocid ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 186 ms
tsearch ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 154 ms
tsdicts ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 127 ms
foreign_data ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 111 ms
window ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 91 ms
xmlmap ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 65 ms
functional_deps ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 49 ms
advisory_lock ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 42 ms
indirect_toast ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 40 ms
equivclass ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 40 ms
parallel group (6 tests): json_encoding jsonpath_encoding jsonpath json jsonb_jsonpath jsonb
json ... ok 203 ms
jsonb ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 233 ms
json_encoding ... ok 66 ms
jsonpath ... ok 92 ms
jsonpath_encoding ... ok 64 ms
jsonb_jsonpath ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 158 ms
parallel group (18 tests): plancache limit copy2 temp prepare conversion rangefuncs domain returning polymorphism rowtypes sequence xml with alter_table truncate largeobject plpgsql
plancache ... ok 609 ms
limit ... ok 594 ms
plpgsql ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 800 ms
copy2 ... ok 489 ms
temp ... ok 472 ms
domain ... ok 551 ms
rangefuncs ... ok 427 ms
prepare ... ok 372 ms
conversion ... ok 352 ms
truncate ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 576 ms
alter_table ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 482 ms
sequence ... ok 423 ms
polymorphism ... ok 372 ms
rowtypes ... ok 359 ms
returning ... ok 228 ms
largeobject ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 364 ms
with ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 323 ms
xml ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2) 256 ms
parallel group (9 tests): hash_part reloptions partition_info explain partition_aggregate indexing partition_join tuplesort partition_prune
partition_join ... ok 1257 ms
partition_prune ... FAILED 1455 ms
reloptions ... ok 168 ms
hash_part ... FAILED 129 ms
indexing ... ok 1068 ms
partition_aggregate ... ok 966 ms
partition_info ... ok 146 ms
tuplesort ... ok 1269 ms
explain ... ok 160 ms
parallel group (2 tests): event_trigger oidjoins
event_trigger ... ok 208 ms
oidjoins ... ok 219 ms
test fast_default ... ok 264 ms
test stats ... FAILED 33865 ms