Extremely Low performance with ODBC

From: "Sebastian Rychter" <srychter(at)anvet(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Extremely Low performance with ODBC
Date: 2008-05-22 18:29:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi, I'm executing a query through psql ODBC which is taking around 2 minutes
to complete. When I run it from PgAdmin it takes less than 3 seconds.

The query itself has :

. 15 inner joins (from just around 10 different tables - the other inner
joins are using different aliases for the same tables)

. Select statement returns 1 field.

. the testing database is selecting only 1 record.

Taking a look at the explain analyze report, I see they are both quite the
same and tested the ODBC driver through Visual Foxpro and Vb.NET as well,
taking both around 2 minutes to finish.

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Sebastian