Re: OT: Heterogenous networks

From: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-interfaces" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: OT: Heterogenous networks
Date: 2000-11-16 13:55:18
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

There are several reasons I am bringing it up.

First, it is an in house application, but I'm adopting the approach of 3
tier architecture.

Second, I have windows desktops (hence the VB), but I have Linux servers in
my network.

Third, our company also has an AS/400 and an os/390, so I am looking to
incorporate a solution that I can use for all of them.

Finally, I may need to start working on an in-house application that will be
rolled out, eventually, to third parties to access system from our legacy
applications. VB on the desktop, XML/SOAP for the protocol and java on the
servers seems to be the best solution with the minimal amount of
technologies to use.

After regarding everything, I think xml/soap will serve me best.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company