Re: Improving our clauseless-join heuristics

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com>
To: 'Tom Lane' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Improving our clauseless-join heuristics
Date: 2012-04-16 03:48:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> That case is handled by make_rels_by_clauseless_joins

It will be handled by make_rels_by_clauseless_joins() if given rel old_rel
doesn't have any join clause.
However if it has join clause but doesn't able to join with any other rels
like in the example you have provided for relation c, it is not able to join
with other rel d.
In such cases it can do cross-join with d, because it has not found any
relation to join with.
Doesn't it will address the problem you mentioned?