IDLE IN TRANSACTION

From: "Rodrigo Sakai" <rodrigo(dot)sakai(at)zanthus(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: IDLE IN TRANSACTION
Date: 2006-04-19 11:59:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I have an app developed with Delphi, and when I just start tha app it start a process (a connection) on the db server and the status stay 'IDLE IN TRANSACTION' until the end of the application. The app is developed by other people and I don't know much about how it was programmed! But I want to know if this kind of connection (idle in transaction) can cause locks and deadlocks on the db? And if is there a better way to connect to db?

Thanks in advance!