Query related

From: "suresh gupta" <suresh(dot)g(at)zensar(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Query related
Date: 2009-03-13 07:02:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Team,

I had a table with 2 fields like First name(FN) and last name(LN). When I give a query for the records of the 2 columns, they are displaying in 2 different columns. My requirement is to combine both the columns in a single one. As per my knowledge there are some operators which combine 2 columns and display together in single columns like |, +, etc. in other databases like Oracle.
For example FN = Suresh and LN=Gupta the output of the query should be Suresh Gupta in single column.

Is there any similar operator or method on postgresql to get my result. Please advice.

Pgsql version is 8.1 and window version software.

Regards,
G. V. Suresh Gupta

GTS - EMEIA, Zensar Technologies
Zensar Knowledge Park, Plot#5, MIDC IT Tower,
Kharadi, Off Nagar Road, Pune - 411014
Landline : +91-20-66453471 | +91-9890898688
Email : suresh(dot)g(at)zensar(dot)com | website: www.zensar.com

DISCLAIMER:
This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s) and the views expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Zensar Technologies Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail by error, its use is strictly prohibited, please delete the e-mail and notify the sender. Zensar Technologies Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.