[SQL] Optimizing query inside a function

From: "Oh Hyun-Su" <dogget(at)rental(dot)co(dot)kr>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: [SQL] Optimizing query inside a function
Date: 1999-06-17 00:42:11
Lists: pgsql-sql

First of all, sorry for my English. I hope you can understand me. ;)

I made a function using pl/sql. It seems that optimizer doesn't work in the query inside function. Of course, if I excute the same query outside function, optimizer works well and uses proper index.

Is it true that queries inside a function cannot be optimized? or is there a way I can optimize my query inside a function?

My pgsql version is 6.4.2.

Thanks in advance!

Hyun-Su Oh