Configuring Problem

From: "Antonio Scotti" <ascotti(at)mbigroup(dot)it>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Configuring Problem
Date: 2003-03-27 09:26:58
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I am trying to setup a postgres DB under win using cygwin. I've installed
the latest version of cygwin and the postgres binaries. Then i've installed
the last version of cygipc (1.1.3 if I am not wrong). The ipc-daemon works
fine (at least so is said by ipctest).

Since I have the postgres binaries installed I proceed directly to run
initdb. The command hangs on creating db Template1 in dir data/base/1.

Any clue on what I am missing to configure psql? Oh.. if it means anything..
I am using Windows XP.

Thanks for help to anyone!
Antonio Scotti