hello gurus

From: "Ganesh Rajan" <grajan(at)zeomega(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: hello gurus
Date: 2002-12-16 13:16:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

hello gurus,

iam facing a problem....
1) my database needed somechanges like increase in width for a varchar datatype column... since there is no option like using "ALTER TABLE ...." i have to drop the table & recreated.... so i did.... since the oid of this table is changed.... the tables & views referencing this table started to throw error...

what i did is that...i took the dump "pg_dump db_name > db_name.sql" .... and edited the script file & dont with the changes...
is there any other way to change the structure...other than the way i done with..

2) i added another column to the table... now when i want to insert the value for this column the the dump script file... how to add the value for this column ...note: this column is my column in that table...

Please help required.....

Ganesh Rajan