Using Large Object in PostgreSQL

From: "Simon Shum" <s035668(at)mailserv(dot)cuhk(dot)edu(dot)hk>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Using Large Object in PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-06-16 02:57:22
Lists: pgsql-general

I just used oid as a reference to store some binary large object.
After some time, I find that the data build up to a very large size 3.xx GB but I just have 2 or 3 records with a binary large object inside. So what may be the problem?
by the way, I just delete the records with oid field using delete from table where id = 'xxx'. Will this left a unreferenced copy of large object inside the database? If yes, what should I do?
Thx in advance.