PgSQL: Want opinions, experiences and tips

From: "Nikhil G(dot) Daddikar" <ngd(at)celoxis(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PgSQL: Want opinions, experiences and tips
Date: 2002-07-20 10:49:57
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

We've been using PgSQL 7.1.3 on Linux on our ASP production system and are extremely happy with everything so far. We are now thinking of giving windows versions of our application for in-house installations (around 50 users).

We were thinking of using Cygwin as that would not only give us to re-use our unix scripts but also because it's ported pgsql 7.2.1 (the latest version). Also, it's installation is quite simple for end users.

Is this a good idea?

Is cygwin pgsql 7.2.1 "stable"? Is it slower compared to unix? If so by how much?

Any experiences or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Nikhil