Automated backup

From: "Robert Fitzpatrick" <robert(at)webtent(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Automated backup
Date: 2003-02-26 16:26:59
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a script that tars up dirs for me each night and I've added a
pg_dumpall function to the script, but having problem with
authentication. I created a .pgpass file in the root user folder with
the appropriate permissions (600). However, even though the script is
owned by root, it does not run. I guess the .pgpass file is not loading
unless root actually logs in. Can anyone shed light on the best way to
get pg_dump to work unattended or point me in the right direction.

--
Robert