pg_dump problem. Help!!

From: John Stäck <john(at)helgo(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_dump problem. Help!!
Date: 2000-08-25 11:12:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

I can't run pg_dump. I just get the error message:

getFuncs(): SELECT failed. Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:
getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1255 -2
'.

I get the exact same error regardless of which database I try to dump
(including newly-created empty ones). If I run pg_dumpall, it starts dumping
some stuff from the template1 database, and then bails out with that same
error message after connecting to one of the "regular" databases.
I also tested it on databases both with and without any functions defined
(seems to have something to do with that).

I'm running postgresql 7.0.2 under LinuxPPC 2000.

/John Stäck