Startup script problem

From: "Elias Chavarria" <elchare(at)cwpanama(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Startup script problem
Date: 2006-09-12 15:55:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I downloaded and install postgres from postgresql-8.1.4.tar.gz.

I wanted to start it when machine boots, so i copied the "linux" init script from /contrib/startup-scripts/ to /etc/init.d/postgresql.

Then i used "chkconfig --add postgresql". I then tryed to start the postgresql service with "service postgresql start" and it started correctly, i was able to connect to the "test" database i made before.

However, when i reboot, the system spends some time in "postgresql start" and then hangs after "Enabling swap space".

The last messages were:

Enabling swap space: OK

set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 2 to 47
set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 3 to 48