Re: psqlodbclibpq 8_1_03 unicode problem

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: "'Merlin Moncure'" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psqlodbclibpq 8_1_03 unicode problem
Date: 2005-08-10 16:32:47
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Well my name is mud at the moment (had a huge problem during my conversion
related to a bad backup that I did not catch until too late).

Hopefully the upcoming year on what is a big step in the right direction
will wash some of the mud away and my client base will be happy in the end.

I do not know if it is my imagination, but the servers seem to be running
with better response times then before, but from what I read on the test ran
by folks who were benchmarking I thought the new driver was a tad slower
then the old one.

Could be the problems I was having with the odbc causing the crashes etc
were in some way impacting the performance and even though the new drivers
are supposed to be slower in my case there was an increase in performance.

In any case as long as I do not see a catastrophic error or an odbc related
issue I will be dancing for joy.

I can not thank everyone who has made contributions on this enough. I know
it was a great many folks, so to each and every one who helped thanks a
bunch!

Joel Fradkin