Re: Problem to connect to the Windows Port

From: "Cornelia Boenigk" <poppcorn(at)cornelia-boenigk(dot)de>
To: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem to connect to the Windows Port
Date: 2004-08-25 19:11:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all

> "Connection refused" suggests that you've got a firewall-type
problem,

The port 5432 is open in bith directions.
I can connect to remote databases from all machines and all OS without
any problem. Inside the local network I can access the databases in a
Cygwin-installation on another machine from the Windows Port but not
vice versa.

> netstat -an and look for the row that say LISTENING on port 5432 ?

On both machines there is the line
TCP 0.0.0.0:5432 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING

Regards
Conni