Re: beta testing version

From: "xuyifeng" <jamexu(at)telekbird(dot)com(dot)cn>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: beta testing version
Date: 2000-11-29 01:59:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

NO, I just tested how solid PgSQL is, I run a program busy inserting record into PG table, when I
suddenly pulled out power from my machine and restarted PG, I can not insert any record into database
table, all backends are dead without any respone (not core dump), note that I am using FreeBSD 4.2,
it's rock solid, it's not OS crash, it just losted power. We use WindowsNT and MSSQL on our production
server, before we accept MSSQL, we use this method to test if MSSQL can endure this kind of strik,
it's OK, all databases are safely recovered, we can continue our work. we are a stock exchange company,
our server are storing millilion $ finance number, we don't hope there are any problems in this case,
we are using UPS, but UPS is not everything, it you bet everything on UPS, you must be idiot.
I know you must be an avocation of PG, but we are professional customer, corporation user, we store critical
data into database, not your garbage data.

Regards,
XuYifeng