Re: pg_hba.conf file

From: "milind" <milind(at)bombay(dot)retortsoft(dot)com>
To: "Robinson, Marlena CECOM RDEC I2WD" <Marlena(dot)Robinson(at)mail1(dot)monmouth(dot)army(dot)mil>, "'PGSQL Admin'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_hba.conf file
Date: 2000-08-18 05:14:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

Try putting ip address of the system from which you are connecting to
database.

If A is the m/c from which you are connecting to the m/c B on which the
postgres is running,put entry into the pg_hba.conf file for the m/c A.
pg_hba.conf file resides mostly in /var/lib/pgsql/data directory(where
/var/lib/pgsql is the home directory for postgres user).It may happen that
you may have pg_hba.conf file in another directory also but editing that
files wont help you.

Bye...

Milind