Split query

From: "Katsaros Kwn/nos" <ntinos(at)aueb(dot)gr>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Split query
Date: 2004-11-02 06:47:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

I want to parse a query (SFW) and create new queries: one for each table referenced, if that possible.
I've written a function for this in the Query struct level after parse&rewrite (not very general ofcourse :-)) but I would like to know whether there is any code written for this purpose at any level. Are there any algorithms for this?
Following, is there any code or at least some algorithm about merging the individual results returned from these queries?

Thanks in advance!
Ntinos Katsaros