CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXIST

From: "Mike Gagnon" <mike(dot)gagnon(at)bellnet(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXIST
Date: 2008-01-25 14:09:28
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Postgres Experts,

I'm trying to create tables (if they don't exist) through the ODBC driver. I've tried the following:

SELECT relname FROM pg_class WHERE relname = 'mytable';

This works from the psql command line program when logged into my database, but not when connected to my database over ODBC ( I get SQL_NO_DATA back from SQLFetch)

Any ideas? Are there other ways to find out if a table exists?

Many thanks,
Mike