cannot find pg_hba.conf file

From: "Ramon Discua" <rdiscua(at)rdscorporacion(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: cannot find pg_hba.conf file
Date: 2009-09-29 19:47:47
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi, I am new to Postgres, so if the question is to basic I apologize. I am
trying to migrate from SqlBase to Postgres.

I am trying to connect a windows XP station to a Postgres database on a
Server machine. I installed the psqlodbc-08.04.0100-1 on the workstation and
configure it with the server, database, user and password, but when I test
the connection I get "FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host...". However I
can not find this file to add the entry. The psqlOBDC setup did not create
this file. Where can I find this file in a Windows workstation , so I can
add the entry and the ODBC driver can read it ? The only postgres
installation done in the workstation is the ODBC driver.

Can anybody help me

Thanks in advance