Re: Connection Pooling....an interesting question!! (was..Connection Pooling...(Repost)...please do help...)

From: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Connection Pooling....an interesting question!! (was..Connection Pooling...(Repost)...please do help...)
Date: 2000-12-17 13:42:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

The options that I know of to do distributed programming with a windows app
but non windows middle tier is this:

Use Corba. This is the same as DCOM, except there are CORBA libraries for
most OSes.

Use HTTP XML servers to act as the middle tier. This way it doesn't matter
what platforms you are using.

Program your client app and server app to talk to each other over tcp/ip and
sockets.

I think there is an ActiveX/DCOM patch for Linux. Never tried it out. Here
is the link to a FAQ about it:
http://www.softworksltd.com/dcomlinuxfaq.html
If you do try it, please let me know your experiences. I'd be more than
interested to hear.

As for calculation load... sorry, can't help you there.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
http://www.rutgersinsurance.com