compare with CHAR

From: "Tomas Eriksson" <tomas_(at)spray(dot)se>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: compare with CHAR
Date: 2002-01-31 13:58:04
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi.

I'm using a table with a indexed CHAR(3)-column. When I use SELECT .. WHERE Col = 'XXX', some results are empty, but the value in the row seems to be correct like other rows. If I update the row with same data I can get it into the result. So I didn't find any logic reason for this. I can find all rows using LIKE (or with some substring tests) with no problems. Shouldn't = always works the same..? (Postgres 7.1.3)

kind regards
Tomas