Re: remote access

From: "Alex Saip" <alex(at)morenet(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: <benoit(dot)le-dizes(at)voila(dot)fr>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: remote access
Date: 2001-04-18 23:20:12
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Benoit,

actually, there are a few options available (my list below is hardly
exhaustive):

- open a telnet, rsh or ssh session on the client and use psql or pgaccess
- you may want to try phpPgAdmin
(http://www.htmlwizard.net/projects/phpPgAdmin/) which would give you a Web
based access
- if your client is a Windows PC another option is pgAdmin
(http://www.pgadmin.freeserve.co.uk/)

As you see everything depends on what you want to do with the database from
your client, what level of security you need and what platform your client
runs.

In any case your postmaster has to be running with the "-i" flag.

I hope this helps.

Alex Saip
Systems Engineer