database file encryption

From: "Stefano B(dot)" <stefano(dot)bonnin(at)comai(dot)to>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: database file encryption
Date: 2006-08-11 07:47:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I have just discovered that in postgres database file the data are not encrypted. If I open with a text editor these files I can read the records values.

I'd like to know if there is a way in order to encrypt these data.

PS. for example in mysql the database file are not readable.
Thanks ad advance.
Stefano